FAQs About JP
- Welcome to Jerusalem Perspective
- Can you give me some pointers for how to use your search engine?
- What is your reaction to the Jesus Seminar’s work?
- I feel uneasy about the textual criticism your authors do. Can you give me some reassurance?
- Why is your research focused on the synoptic Gospels? Why leave out the Gospel of John?
- Is there an index of the fifty-six issues of Jerusalem Perspective magazine that were published between 1987 and 1999?
- Who is behind Jerusalem Perspective?
- What is JP’s View of the Inspiration and Inerrancy of Scripture?
- Does Jerusalem Perspective have a statement of faith?
- Is Jerusalem Perspective magazine currently being published?
- Why does Jerusalem Perspective use the Greek name “Jesus” instead of “Y’shua” or “Yeshua”?
- Why does Jerusalem Perspective avoid using the term “Old Testament”?
FAQs About the Gospels
- Is the Search for Literary Sources of the Synoptic Gospels Futile?
- What is the meaning of “firstborn male” in Luke 2:23?
- What is the significance of the two Greek words for “love” in John 21:15-17?
- Has a Hebrew gospel been found?
- Christ’s Linen Napkin (John 20:7): Is it significant that the napkin that had been around Jesus’ head when he was buried was found in the empty tomb folded?
- Which is the most accurate English translation of the Bible?
- Mark 15:34: Did God Forsake Jesus?
- Does it matter which of the Gospel writers wrote first?
- Did Jerome see the Hebrew Gospel of Matthew?
- Has a Gospel in Hebrew Been Found?
FAQs About Jesus
- How should Jesus’ Hebrew name be transliterated to English?
- Doesn’t the Bible Call Jesus a Rabbi?
- What language did Jesus speak?
- Did Jesus Wear a Kippah?
FAQs About Judaism
- Did women go through a mikveh (ritual immersion pool) after childbirth?
- Did Jews in the first century know their tribal affiliation?
- What are the names of the settlements of the twenty-four priestly divisions mentioned in 1 Chronicles 24?
- I am teaching a class on Second Temple Jewish eschatology. Can you suggest a book or other source material that I could use?
- A Divine Messiah?
FAQs on Other Issues
- I’ve just discovered the Jewish roots of my Christian faith. What should I read to learn more?
- How should I cite material taken from your site?
- Shouldn’t the word “Christ” be translated “Messiah” in our English Bibles?
- How can I acquire a New Testament in Hebrew?
- Could Bethsaida Be West of the Jordan?
- Is there apostolic authority and authorship of New Testament Scriptures?